As a result of the new Affordable Care Act, Medicare will now cover a yearly wellness visit free of charge in 2011 for all Medicare Part B participants. Annual wellness visits allow you to develop and update a personalized healthcare prevention plan with your doctor, while helping you avoid illness and improve your overall health.
An annual wellness visit is the first step in your preventative care and will often include:
- A review of your medical and social history including risk factors you can change
- Measurement of your height, weight, blood pressure, visual acuity screen, and body mass index
- Education, counseling, and referrals based on the results of your visit
- A brief written plan, such as a checklist, for getting appropriate screening and/or other Medicare Part B preventive services
- A review of your potential risk factors for depression
“Scheduling an annual wellness visit with your primary care physician is essential to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The results of your wellness visit will act as a roadmap for your future health plan and allow you to develop and maintain a relationship with your physician,” said Robert MacMillan, M.D., a Centennial Medical Center family medicine physician with TriStar Medical Group. “It is important to take charge of your health, and your annual wellness visit will allow you to take that first step towards optimum wellness.”
Take advantage of this new Medicare benefit today. To request an appointment for your annual wellness visit, call TriStar MedLine at (615) 342-1919 or (800) 242-5662. Same day appointments are available with many of the TriStar Medical Group physicians.
TriStar Medical Group, part of HCA’s TriStar Health System, is a network of experienced multi-specialty physicians located in middle Tennessee and southern Kentucky. Currently TriStar Medical Group represents over 150 physicians and more than 40 offices that provide quality, convenient healthcare throughout the community.