Check out the vendor first
(HealthDay News) -- Fairs and festivals have lots of fun things to do, and usually make you hungry by meal time.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reminds you of these food-safety measures before you buy from a vendor:
- Make sure the vendor's workstation is clean and tidy.
- The vendor should have a way for workers to clean or sanitize their hands.
- The vendor should wear gloves or handle the food with tongs.
- The vendor should have a refrigerator or plenty of ice for storing raw and pre-cooked foods.
- The vendor should be properly inspected and meet local safety guidelines.