Heart failure afflicts nearly 6.5 million people in the United States, with 400,000 to 700,000 new cases diagnosed each year. In fact, heart failure is the only major cardiovascular disease that is increasing in incidence and prevalence.
Successful treatment of heart failure will improve symptoms and quality of life while reducing the likelihood of disease progression, thereby decreasing mortality and the need for hospitalization. With early evaluation and care, many heart failure patients are able to make lifestyle changes that enable them to lead healthy, active lives.
The TriStar Center for Advanced Heart Failure at Centennial Medical Center offers a comprehensive disease management program and individual approach to managing heart failure.
This program includes:
- Customized patient and family education
- Guideline-directed medical therapy
- Treatment of co-morbid conditions, include anemia, sleep apnea, Diabetes Mellitus, COPD
- Care coordination with other medical providers
- Weekly outpatient assessment to determine need for additional IV diuretics or medication titration
- Urgent evaluation for change in clinical status to decrease emergency room visits
- Lab studies to determine treatment needs and to monitor effectiveness of therapies
- Communication of status, including lab values
- Multidisciplinary care including, nutrition, pharmacy, and social services
- 24-hour on-call support
The Heart Failure Clinic is located in the Heart & Vascular Center at TriStar Centennial. To schedule an appointment or learn more, call (615) 342-2256 or toll-free at 1-844-342-7867.