Comprehensive cardiac care in Nashville, Tennessee
TriStar Centennial Heart and Vascular Center is the region's largest, most technologically advanced and complete cardiovascular center. Our heart specialists are among the nation's leading experts in cardiac imaging, heart failure, interventional cardiology and electrophysiology, including atrial fibrillation management, surgical intervention and more.
TriStar Centennial Heart and Vascular Center is designed around our patients and their families. We offer built-in observation monitors and cameras for remote specialist consultation via iPad, as well as specially designed visitor waiting rooms with coffee service and free computer access while your loved ones are in our care.
For a free physician referral or for more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (615) 342-1919 or toll-free at (800) 242-5662.
Leaders in cardiac care
We were the first in the area to offer minimally invasive and beating heart surgery, and we continue to be on the cutting edge by utilizing the most modern equipment and technology available. Our team of cardiologists, electrophysiologists, surgeons, nurses, imaging experts and respiratory therapists improve outcomes with compassionate, quality care.
Heart and vascular surgery
TriStar Centennial Heart and Vascular Center surgeons handle even the most complex operations with success rates above the national average. We use the latest surgical techniques, equipment and devices—including MitraClip, off-pump bypass, robotic surgery and percutaneous procedures. Our surgeons continue leading the nation in developing minimally invasive procedures so you can recover sooner and get back to your life.
Our multidisciplinary teams perform cardiovascular surgery, thoracic surgery and vascular surgery in the new TriStar Centennial Heart and Vascular Center. We deliver swift, extraordinary care for the heart patients and their families of Middle Tennessee.
- Aortic center: Hybrid procedures combine multiple operations into one personalized procedure. These hybrid procedures offer less invasive solutions for aortic disease.
- Cardiac rehabilitation: We work with patients and their physicians to develop and incorporate nutrition, exercise, risk reduction and stress testing as well as inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
- Complex thoracic surgery: We offer a variety of procedures to treat lung and esophagus diseases, such as lung cancer, pulmonary disease and esophageal cancer.
- Endovascular surgery: We utilize catheter-based intervention technology and traditional surgical treatment for aneurysms, arterial disease and vascular disease.
- Electrophysiology studies: We treat many different forms of arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats, using electrophysiology, mapping, ablation procedures and surgical techniques.
- High-risk valve clinic: Our team offer patients treatment options such as medical therapy, balloon valvuloplasty and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
- Interventional cardiology: We offer interventional procedures such as cardiac catheterization, stents, embolization protection devices for your heart needs.
- Sarah Cannon Research Institute clinical trials: In 2007 Sarah Cannon Research Institute (SCRI) launched its cardiovascular research program with the establishment of Centennial Heart as a strategic investigative site. Since then, the cardiovascular research program has grown to 10 strategic sites across the country working in collaboration with more than 125 cardiologists in the areas of interventional, electrophysiology, cardiovascular disease, surgery and structural heart.
Diagnostic imaging and technology
- AirStrip® cardiology
- Ambulatory cardiac monitoring
- Ankle-brachial index test
- Cardiac calcium scoring
- Cardiac computed tomography
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
- Cardiac stress test
- Cardiac catheterization
- Holter monitoring
- Doppler ultrasound
- MUGA scan
- Nuclear stress test
- Positron emission tomography
- Tilt table test
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Vascular ultrasound studies