To learn more about TriStar Centennial's Transplant Center,
please call (615) 342-5626 or (800) 642-4012.
Since 1989, TriStar Centennial's Transplant Center has performed approximately 1,000 transplants. Our dedicated team of experts will walk through you during your healthcare journey, whether through kidney transplantation, living kidney donation or kidney paired exchange.
Who Needs a Kidney Transplant?
People experiencing end-stage kidney disease, who are nearing dialysis or currently on dialysis, can be considered candidates for a kidney transplant. Common causes of renal failure include:
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
- IgA Nephropathy (Berger's Disease)
- Reoccurring kidney infection
- Lupus (SLE)
- Urinary tract blockages
- Frequent kidney stones
Types of Kidney Donations
- Living donation: kidney donation given to patient from family member, friend or stranger who is alive and in optimal health.
- Deceased donation: kidney donation given to patient from someone who has passed away and the family opted to save lives through organ donation
- Kidney Paired Donation (KPD): kidney donation through pathway for donors and willing yet incompatible matches to find recipients
Interested in being tested to become a living donor?
Every year, thousands of patients around the country receive the gift of life through living kidney donation. Anyone considering kidney donation can begin the evaluation process by choosing one of three options.