TriStar Centennial’s Transplant Center in Nashville, Tennessee
In the U.S., there are over 115,000 people waiting for a kidney transplant and approximately 2,600 people waiting in Tennessee.
With an average wait time for a kidney donation of five years, TriStar Centennial Transplant Center is here to provide patients with compassion and support throughout the evaluation and waiting process. Our team is dedicated to working with you, your nephrologist and your dialysis center to ensure you receive hands-on education and the highest level of care while awaiting kidney transplantation.
To learn more about kidney transplantation at TriStar Centennial’s Transplant Center, please call us at (615) 342-5626 or (800) 642-4012.
Since 1989, TriStar Centennial's Transplant Center has performed approximately 1,000 kidney transplants. Our dedicated team of experts will walk you through during your healthcare journey, whether through kidney transplantation, living kidney donation or kidney paired exchange.
Who needs a kidney transplant?
People experiencing end-stage kidney disease, who are nearing dialysis or currently on dialysis, can be considered candidates for a kidney transplant. Common causes of renal failure include:
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Polycystic kidney disease (PKD)
- Berger's disease
- Reoccurring kidney infection
- Lupus (SLE)
- Urinary tract blockages
- Frequent kidney stones
Types of kidney donations
- Living donation: Kidney donation is given to a patient from family member, friend or stranger who is alive and in optimal health.
- Deceased donation: Kidney donation is given to a patient from someone who has passed away and the family opted to save lives through organ donation.
- Kidney paired donation (KPD): Patients with incompatible donors exchange kidneys with another recipient to receive compatible kidneys.
Interested in being tested to become a living donor?
Every year, thousands of patients around the country receive the gift of life through living kidney donation. Anyone considering kidney donation can begin the evaluation process by choosing one of three options.